Click here to see the official Surizu trailer
Also, here's No_Comment's video about tokusatsu!
In memory of the previous tokusatsu threads:
☆Watching tokusatsu in the name of justice!☆
The 100th day of the Hummingbird Tokusatsu Club will mark the beginning of Surizu, our third wave of shows.
☆What the fuck is tokusatsu?☆
For those who don't know what it is, tokusatsu is Japanese for "special effects". It usually refers to television shows that use large amounts of action and, you guessed it, special effects. The most familiar example would be the Super Sentai Series, and the American recuts of them that you know as Power Rangers. However, there are other examples out there, like Kamen Rider and Ultra Man. (Also, the first "u" in tokusatsu is silent!)
☆So, what does the Hummingbird Tokusatsu Club do?☆
First order of business will be to pick two tokusatsu shows to watch together. We won't simulcast them (officially), but assign a specific number of episodes to watch every week. (Currently, one episode of each show per day.) Besides that, we just bullshit in this thread about the tokusatsu we've been watching lately.
☆Ok, what's with the name? What does "Surizu" mean?☆
"Surīzu" (スリーズ) is the Japanese way to say the English word "threes" (as in more than one 3). I got this idea because the logo for this thread (shown above) kind of looks like "333", which reminds me of Kamen Rider OOO (pronounced O's) and Kamen Rider 555 (pronounced Faiz, like "fives").
Be sure to tag spoilers, as well as your thoughts on them!
For anyone who doesn't know how to use spoiler tags...
[spoiler]These are spoiler tags![/spoiler]
Will look like this...
These are spoiler tags!
Due to recent happenings, the Tokusatsu Club now has its own spoiler policy. This policy is basically a rehash of Hummingbird's policy, only a little more detailed. If you have questions about Hummingbird's spoiler policy, feel free to contact a forum moderator or admin.
Things that DO need to be spoiler-tagged:
- Anything relating to any story arc in any kind of media ever. And that means anything. (Even filler.)
- Any toku hero's special transformations, attacks, or partners that do not appear in the first three episodes.*
- Your feelings on spoiler-sensitive material. EG: "That was a sad episode!" or "Fuck that character!"
- Images relating to any of the above, whether they are taken directly from the source material or not. (This includes pictures or names of toys and merchandise.)
*There are some exceptions to this one. You can talk about the existence of extra rangers and riders, just try to be vague. In the case of currently-airing shows, please spoiler-tag all information about extra heroes for a month, minimum. This way, people who are watching the show week-to-week have a chance to be surprised.
Things that DO NOT need to be spoiler-tagged:
- The existence of super hero crossovers, what heroes they involve, and what episodes they happen in. (Crossovers are heavily advertised in Japan. They are not meant to be surprises.) You may also discuss the meta behind crossovers (EG why the creators decided to do it), but you may not discuss or hint about plot details without spoiler tags.
aki_koto, alienmandy, BasedEMP, BerserkDragon, Bleack, Dildo, Epictek, Greebo, jojovonjo, Kappo, KiNgDeeM, Mika, Myozunitonirun, NinjaKitty, No_Comment, Omega_Rhythm, Prunes, Rafer45, Raphael, SirMcRofl, Tkdbb156, Wexter, Wizard, Wopian