not a fan of food anime, they don't interest me BUT, i love to cook.
so if you know how to cook share you recipes experiences and help others learn how.
So i'll start with a bit of breakfast for the soul even thought it is more of a desert:
The Richest French Toast You Will Ever Eat
3 eggs per 4 regular sized pieces of bread, larger bread like Challah slices, more eggs or less bread.
bread, this is your choice, you can use anything from plain white to whole wheat to challah, I prefer Honey Wheat however.
a splash of milk, you need enough to soak thin the eggs but not too much that it makes it watery. you should end up with little if any left with the my recommended amount of bread.
honey, about 1 tablespoon or more of it.
butter or oil to prevent sticking
powdered sugar, cinnamon and syrup for topping
- preheat a pan at medium low heat
- break the eggs into a round dish,
- beat the eggs thoroughly so that the yoke and the egg white is uniform (don't stress over it, it isn't going to get perfectly uniform)
- transfer to a flat dish before continuing.
- add a splash of milk and the honey while resuming to beat the eggs. this is especially important with the honey, as it is you need to do this to prevent it from pooling on the bottom of the dish and making your life miserable.
- continue to mix until their the honey is thoroughly dissolved into the mix.
- throw the butter or oil on the pan, you only want about a tablespoon of either in the pan at any given time.
- take your bread of choice, and soak it shortly before placing in in your pan.
- cook it for about 3 or 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown, take it of and start the next peice.
- to top: take the powdered sugar and dust the top of each piece, i usually go pretty liberal with it but... i end up with aching teeth afterwards,
- shake a bit of cinnamon then finish with your syrup of choice typical pancake syrup or maple syrup is my rec, however i also go pretty libral on that aswell...
needless to say i really only make that when i need a pick me up or am just craving to root my teeth with it... so yeah.
i have more recipes i'll drop one a day for the next few days or until this thread dies. so please feel free to contribute more.
the last thing i want to share is it seems due to the lack of home ec in america their seems to be a need for people to learn how to use a knife, i mean like why we not have it? but i will post a video as a close,
as mentioned by @LogenGT there is a group for posting your creations, i didn't even know it existed...