Hachidori is now at Kitsu. Join the group here to get the latest development updates. This thread will serve as an archive.
What is Hachidori?
Hachidori is a lightweight and fast Hummingbird Scrobbler for OS X. It supports most of the popular media players on OS X (MPlayer, VLC and Mpv), HTPC Software detection support (Kodi and Plex Theater) and streaming sites such as Crunchyroll, Daisuki, Viz, Netflix and much more along with streaming from Plex Media Server.
Some of the features includes:
- Title Correction
- Update Confirmation
- Automatic and On-Demand scrobbling
- Ability to override titles and ignore certain directories and filenames from specific or all sources.
- Legal Streaming detection support (Crunchyroll, Daisuki, AnimeNewsNetwork, Viz, AnimeLab, Viewster, Wakanim, Funimation and Netflix)
- Plex Media Server support (through a web browser locally and over the web)
- Full Kodi and Plex Theater support (via JSON RPC API)
- Ability to share your thoughts with the built in OS X Share feature
- Ability to update the status, rating, episode number, notes and privacy settings for the title you just updated
- Global hotkey support
- Rewatch Support
- Applescript Support (for obtaining scrobbled title, toggling auto scrobble and perform on demand scrobble)
- MyAnimeList syncing (Hachidori can also update your MyAnimeList too when you update a title it detected)
- And much more... see the features page for more details
Note: If you use a Plex Agent on your Plex Media Server, you must have "Use Filename for Recognition" enabled, or it won't detect properly. Plex Agent is not compatible with Plex Media Server Stream detection and it must be disabled in order for it to work.
Hachidori in Action
On Demand Scrobbling with Update Confirmation turned on
Downloads and Source Code
The current version compatible with Kitsu is 2.0 Beta 2 and is fully compatible with El Capitan and macOS Sierra Developer's Beta (1.1.7 users who are on El Capitan need to manually download this version and future versions due to ATS breaking Software Updates). Yes, it's Developer ID signed!
Download Latest Version - Getting Started Guide - Changelog
Older releases can be seen at Github
Also, the source code can be viewed at github. Source code is Licensed under the Modified BSD License
With that, Feel free share any suggestions, feedback in this thread. Also, report any any bugs that you may encounter.
You can also support the development of this application by becoming our Patreon.