Love Live School Idol Festival is a social rhythm game for mobile devices (both iOS and Android), based on the popular Japanese anime series and produced by KLabGames and bushiroad. In the game, players create an Idol Unit constructed with virtual cards and perform Live concerts along to songs sung by members of the Love Live! idol group μ’s by tapping the screen. These collectable cards can be levelled up and evolved to strengthen the score of your performances.
In addition to the original nine members of μ’s, there are many more potential idols to form your very own group. Original side-stories and new songs are constantly added in regular updates.
Create and manage a group of school idols, and lead them to success!
Japanese Release: April 15th, 2013
English Release: May 12th, 2014
Platforms: iOS (5.1+), Android (2.3+)
Languages: English, Japanese, Chinese, Taiwanese, South Korean
Pricing: Free (Micro-transactions Available)
English Version Downloads:
Android - Google Play Store
iOS - Apple Store
Japanese Version Downloads:
Android - Japanese Google Play Store
Android - Japanese APK (Direct Download)
iOS - Japanese Apple Store
Read the F.A.Q for Japanese iOS installation instructions.
If you have an account, feel free to add your information to our ever-growing Friend List so others can find you.
Input your details here.
View the spreadsheet here.
Join the official Hummingbird group here.
How do skills/appeals level up?
- Combine your card with an idol with the same skill and skill level in normal Practice.
The skill pop-ups that appear during songs are annoying!
- You can disable them under Settings in the Other menu.
I get an "Illegal Access" problem whenever I start the game. What do I do?
- Your device is probably rooted. Download RootCloak 3.1 and disable SU access in SuperSU. The newest version of RootCloak does not work with LLSIF.
Is it possible to have the Japanese and English versions on the same device?
How do I install the Japanese version on Apple devices?
- Follow the instructions here to create a Japanese iTunes account. Once you're done, head to Settings>App Store on your device and sign into your Japanese account. Once you're iTunes has been set to the Japanese App Store, open this link in Safari and download the game.
How big is the game?
- After the initial download, you will have to download some extra data in-game. At the moment, expect the English game to be around 330mb and the Japanese version to be larger than 500mb.
I want to move my account from Android to iOS (or vice versa). How do I do this?
- Firstly, assign yourself a Transfer Code in the Settings menu. It contains a total of 16 characters, so don't confuse it with your friend ID. After downloading all the necessary data on your second device, go the the Settings menu and re-enter your code there. Keep in mind that your will lose all of your Love Gems when transferring across to a different device, so be sure to spend them all before moving over.
Can I use one account on multiple devices?
How do you get Love Gems?
- You can obtain Love Gems by completing songs on all 4 difficulties, maximising Bond on Idolized members for the first time, completing an idol's Side-Story, and from Album/Song/Event Rewards. You can also buy Love Gems with real life currency, as long as you don't have any regrets afterwards.
What are Friend Points used for?
- Friend points are the most common way to get new member cards. Most of the cards you'll draw will be Normal ranked, but there is a small chance for Rare cards to appear.
What are Love Gems used for?
- Love Gems can be used to restore your LP, replay a Live Performance (which is generally a bad idea), expand your card limit and roll from the Honor Student Box for Rare, Super Rare or Ultra Rare cards.
I performed a perfect combo on a song, but why is my score still a "C"?
- Scoring is dependant on two factors:
* How well the player performed during the song, and
* Unit composition, how well a card's attributes represent a particular song type (Red/Smile, Green/Pure and Blue/Cool).
For an in depth explanation, read this article on the wiki.
What is so important about events?
- During events you can collect Event Tokens by playing songs . By spending these tokens to play a special Event Song, you can earn Event Points to earn rewards for reaching certain criteria such as Gold, Friend Points, Love Gems and new cards.
- There are also leaderboard brackets for Event Points and Event Song Score with their own unique set of prizes. The higher you rank, the more rewards you collect. Idealy you want to rank in the Top 200 for both boards, but the Top 1000 is fine if you're after a second SR.
- In the days following the end of the event new SR and UR cards are added to honor scouting, and spending 50 LGs on a single pull guarantees at least 1 card SR or higher with new releases having higher drop rates.
Can I skip the tutorial?
- Yes. After selecting your starter cancel the next question and you'll skip straight to the home menu.
Love Live! on the Anime Database
The Student Idol Festival Wiki
Official Anime Website
Official English Website
Official Japanese Website
Official Taiwan Website
Official South Korean Website
Official English Facebook Page
Android Root Bypass Guide
How to play LLSIF on PC using BlueStacks
IDTool - A multi-account switcher for iOS
Lost Account Guide
English Event Tracker
English Event Tracker Spreadsheet and Website
Japanese Event Tracker
Event Points Calculator
Honor Student Scouting Simulator & UI Translation
LLSIF Hummingbird Group
Idols are serious business.
Remember to create and save your Transfer Passcode in case something happens to your device. You can do that in the Settings menu.