F if you are looking for something specific.
These are some common questions we have been seeing around the forums and Kitsu lately. Please take your time to go over this FAQ before asking about something.
How do I login to Kitsu? Will my Hummingbird username and password work?
Yes. All your data was transferred to Kitsu. Just use your Hummingbird username and password to login to Kitsu.
What happened to groups?
They are planned and are at the top of the priority list directly after privacy/blocking features. Hang tight!
What will happen to my Hummingbird group? I don’t want to lose all my members.
All data has been copied over to Kitsu and you will neither lose your group not the members in it.
What will happen to forums?
They will stay for now. When groups go live on Kitsu, forums will be taken down.
Will there be an archived version of forums once they are "taken down"?
Yes. You will be able to view forums as read-only.
Will my Hummingbird posts be migrated to Kitsu?
Yes. The data has already been copied over. Your posts have to be “tied” to your feed though. Expect to see them showing up on your profile within the coming weeks.
Why do I have to see everyone’s posts in my feed?
The dashboard has “two” feeds: Following and Global. Following shows you posts and updates by the users or the media you follow. Global is the same but for everyone on Kitsu.
If you don’t have many followers, you’ll be defaulted to the Global feed. Once you are following enough users (7+), your default will be switched to Following. You can also switch this manually below the “Write here…” box, on the left (your setting will be remembered).
What happened to the About Me section? Why can’t I embed anything?
This is intentional. First of all, the About Me section was never meant to be that customizable. It was intended to be a place for a brief personal introduction, and not a panel for style. Secondly, we have seen some misuses (e.g. image embeds so long that visitors had to scroll quite a bit to get to a user’s favorites).
As an alternative, you can now pin one of your posts to the top of your profile feed. More customization options are considered.
What about links in the About Me section?
They are no longer supported. However, you can use our Profile Links feature to link other profiles you might have on select other services and add one custom link. See
Newlines in About Me?
They will be in.
What happened to the Anime Breakdown chart in my profile?
While there aren’t any concrete plans yet, we definitely want to do something better. – Nuck
Quick Update items show next episode number/title instead of the one I am at. Is this intended?
Yes, this is intended.
Is it possible to hide media updates from my feed? They kind of get annoying when trying to follow discussions.
Yes. You have a dropdown box below the “Write here…” box on the right that you can use to filter feed stories.
What is the Community Feed I see on media pages? What does following a media do?
When a user tags a post with a certain media, updates that media in their library, or reviews it, the post is tied to the Community Feed of the said media. Following a media subscribes you to these posts and you see them in your Following feed on your dashboard.
Will there ever be a dark theme?
It is considered. No promises of any kind though. In the meantime, you can try out some userstyles our community members have created.
Why can't I edit my posts after a while?
This time restriction will be lifted once the edit history feature is here.
Are there any apps for Kitsu?
No official apps. However, awesome people from our community have created some really nice apps.
Taiga for Windows by @erengy (Kitsu support is currently alpha - see here for a download)
Is there an API for Kitsu? Where?
Will more features be added to Kitsu?
Does Kitsu support animated GIF cover images?
And finally, if you want to directly talk to Josh or someone from the staff, you can use Intercom on the site. It's the circular button you see on the bottom-right corner:
Known Bugs and Feature Requests
These are only some of the items we have in our list. Some were left out as they were too "internal" and probably not even understandable by most of our community members. Please keep in mind that none of the feature requests here are confirmed and are not promises - you might wake up to them one morning or never even see them a second time after this thread.
In no particular order or priority,
- Long text or images overflow (exceed the width of a post/comment) on Firefox
- Search is broken on mobile
- Filtering anime by streaming service isn't accurate sometimes
- Have to click twice to start typing a post on Firefox. Once to open the box, the second for the cursor icon to appear.
- Can't remove favorites on some Android versions
- ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ gets killed
- Join date should round to nearest half year
- You can't see your own NSFW posts
- Library is broken on Android
- Can't delete activity post for something that is no longer in library [FIXED]
- Marking the first episode of media as seen in Quick Update does not make the media 'currently watching' if it's 'Plan to watch'. [FIXED]
- Can't filter 2017 anime [FIXED]
- Can't open search results in new tab [FIXED]
- Some character images are too small for the character favorites [FIXED]
- User comments on profile posts are duplicating [FIXED]
- No results when searching for users [FIXED]
- Likes on a post cause said post to get marked as edited [FIXED]
- Blocking users doesn't unfollow them [FIXED]
- The "View more" button does not always work [FIXED]
- Birthday dates are inaccurate [FIXED]
- Auto-complete for tagging other users with the @ sign
- Exclude option in Anime/Manga page should actually exclude a genre instead of just removing an "include"
- Automatically load new replies
- Unrate rated show in Quick Update
- Warning page for NSFW media instead of 404
- Delete comments by other people on your post
- Feed posts for avatar, cover, and name changes
- Blocking notifications from specific posts
- Following specific posts for any kind of activity
- Follow button in the Post Reactions (likes) modal (popup)
- Allow ESC key to exit comment editing
- Allow Enter/Return key for "Yes" in post/comment editing
- Allow filtering by type in Anime/Manga page
- Ability to add/remove favorite characters from media pages
- Library searching
- Search for media by studio
- Search for media by director
- Different feed updates for rewatching (e.g "User started rewatching anime", "User rewatched episode 1 of anime", "User finished rewatching anime")
- Indication of upcoming or ongoing in library
- Feed posts for divorces, and weddings
- Notifications should sync across tabs
- Navigation arrows on Quick Update should slide bar to reveal more items at once
- Show percentage completed in Quick Update [DONE]
- Ability to add/remove a media as favorite directly from its page [DONE]
- Profile Links [DONE]
- Filter Quick Update by Anime or Manga [DONE]
- Library sorting [DONE]
- Remember feed filter selection (User Activity or Media Updates) [DONE]
- Ability to delete your own media update posts [DONE]
- Ability to delete your own follow posts [DONE]
If you have something that is not in this list yet, feel free to post it on the bugs thread. We are constantly monitoring it and we'll do our best to deliver your words to the core team and to get back to you.
2 JAN 2017:
– Removed some questions that were only relevant around launch
– Marked some feature requests as done
– Added three known issues
– Marked some items as in progress
7 JAN 2017
– Added four known issues
– Marked one issue as fixed
10 JAN 2017
– Marked some feature requests as done
11 JAN 2017
– Added info about Profile Links
23 JAN 2017
– Removed two FAQ items that are now irrelevant
– Marked two issues as fixed
– Marked a feature request as in progress
25 JAN 2017
– Removed avatar/cover image question as the file size limit is no longer 750KB
– Marked a feature as done
– Remove a false alarm known issue
– Added info about Android, iOS, and Windows apps
1 FEB 2017
– Added link for Ookami
– Marked a known issue as fixed
– Marked a feature as done