Welp, life caught up to me for a bit, but I fixed a few issues. It seems hummingbird changed up its authentication api which caused the app to crash, should be working now.
MAL export seems to be generating a higher than normal number of errors, possibly due to the way I'm getting the MAL id's. I'll work on fixing this as soon as I can.
EDIT: Looks like I found a major issue regarding MAL failures, it's fixed now so MAL failure reports should be a lot smaller.
EDIT 2: So much for a quick fix. For reasons unbeknownst to me, MAL is blocking Google App Engine's requests to its api (more specifically, their ddos protection service Incapsula is blocking the requests). Why they have that active for their API which requires authentication is beyond me, but I'm looking for a workaround. What's odd is that when I run the app from my local machine it works with no issues.