Whoops, haven't updated since April 2nd. Lotsa minor fixes.
- Manga pages are using the new design that anime pages have had for a while
- There's now a rating graph (which is broken, sorry!) on manga pages
- Average rating and rating graphs automatically update nightly
@vevix fixed a number of s in backend services
- Humanely euthanized some old useless code.
Kinda like your grandma.
- Fixed infinite loop in our authentication code which was causing users to be unable to access the site unless they deleted cookies.
- Clean up various code in Rails
- Removed rogue ad code from synopsis (apparently MAL is adding tons more ads)
- Properly wrap long words in anime quotes
- Update © year for old-design pages
@vevix fixed another infinite loop which was redirecting users around in weird ways. After I caused it. Sorry. Again.
- Resurrect some elderly code which was apparently still used. Sorry, gramps, you're coming out of retirement.
- Users who signed up via facebook weren't being shown the onboarding process to get their library filled up. They are now. Forcibly.
@wopian fixed and broke and fixed and broke and I think it's still broken in some ways, some things including the genres under anime feed posts and the links in feed posts.
- Updated to Ember 1.11 (from 1.8, so it's quite a big deal)
- Users who chose the smiley rating system during onboarding weren't seeing the rating widgets on the library step. Paid for users' Lasik surgery.
- Previously, Genres were opt-in in APIv1. Now they're always there, and they should be faster.
- Fixed some visual issues on the apps page.
- Minor design polishing around the site
- Hummingbird can now be run in Docker!
@epictek and @wopian added short redirects for groups, anime, and manga pages. You can now use https://hummingbird.me/u/nuck, https://hummingbird.me/a/sword-art-online, https://hummingbird.me/m/naruto, and https://hummingbird.me/g/the-kinpatsu-alliance instead of their oh-so-slightly-longer counterparts.
@wopian fixed sharing anime pages of certain types on Facebook
- He also fixed synopsiseses having the word "Edit" crammed in front. MAL moved their edit button. Jerks.
@leonardodna built a new APIv2 endpoint: anime filtering! Expect it on a documentation page near you soon!
@erengy added Twitter Cards to anime pages, so now when you share your favorite website to Twitter, it will show up super-pretty!
Enormous thanks to all our contributors, who've really stepped up to the bat as the rest of us have been too busy to help much. We're always looking for more help in design and programming, so if you want to help please hit us up on Slack or GitHub!
As discussed in a certain thread, I'd like to add a little bit about what we're working on right now. Our main focus right now is on getting new people into Hummingbird and then making them part of the community. We've got an awesome core (we love you guys!) and we'd like to get fresh faces into the community and interacting with you guys.
To that end, we're planning improvements to the facebook signup process and working on a system that would let you link your Hummingbird account to other sites and services, so they could scrobble for you or know what you're watching.
We also have finished fixing avatars on the forums, and are currently waiting on some info to let us deploy it. We don't currently have an ETA on this.